With coronavirus (COVID-19) now officially being called a pandemic by the World Health Organization, public fear and anxiety are on the rise. It is important to not only protect our physical health during this time, but also our mental health. Here are some resources on maintaining your mental health:
- COVID-19 TEXT4HOPE-Alberta Health Services
- It Is Imperative To Act Swiftly To Mitigate The Effects Of COVID-19 On Mental Health. -By Paul Gionfriddo, President and CEO, Mental Health America
- 6 tips to Respond to Employee Anxiety about COVID-19 – CMHA National
- The Dos and Don’ts of ‘Social Distancing’ -The Atlantic
- Talking with Children about Public Health Emergencies like Coronavirus -My Workplace Mental Health
- How to Stay Emotionally Healthy During the Coronavirus Outbreak. -Psychology Today
- The New Mental Health Research on Coronavirus -Psychology Today
- Mental Health Considerations during COVID-19 Outbreak – WHO
The Canadian Mental Health Association in Alberta is constantly sharing resources and articles related to mental health during a pandemic. Please visit the news section of our website to learn more.
For up to date information on the COVID-19 outbreak please visit the Government of Canada website.
If you or a loved one is experiencing mental health distress during this time please call 211 (Alberta only) or the Mental Health Help Line at 1-877-303-2642.