Mental Health and the Workplace (3-hour workshop)
Mental health at work is a crucial factor for employee wellness, engagement and creativity. Unfortunately, stigma around mental health challenges continues to persist, and open dialogue around creating mentally healthy workplaces is not yet seen as best practice. This 3-hour training provides organizations with the understanding and language to talk about mental health, supporting employees with challenges and taking the next steps that will help organizations move towards greater psychological health and safety in the workplace.
Part 1: What is Mental Health?
- Current workplace challenges.
- Understanding mental health and mental illness.
- Supporting coworkers when they have a mental health challenge.
Part 2: Mental Wellness and the Workplace
- Defining psychological risk and harm.
- Promoting psychological health and safety.
- Accommodation and Return to Work.
- Measuring your baseline.
- Changing organizational culture.
- Benefits of mentally healthier workplaces.
Canadian Mental Health Association, Alberta Division
Workplace Training Department
320 Ledgeview Business Centre
9707 – 110 Street NW
Edmonton, AB T5K 2L9