Keeping Alberta Affordable: Eligible seniors and families with children under 18 can apply for $600 affordability payments. Learn more and apply now
- Take action to protect yourself and others and prevent the spread of novel coronavirus disease COVID-19.
- Learn about influenza and how you can protect yourself.
- Just because it is legal doesn’t mean it is safe. Get facts on the health risks of using cannabis at www.drugsafe.ca
- Alberta offers a range of addiction care services. Albertans can choose a path that makes sense for them.
The Ministry of Health works to ensure Albertans receive the right health care services, at the right time, in the right place, provided by the right health care providers and teams.
Alberta Health is responsible for:
- setting policy, legislation and standards for the health system in Alberta
- allocating health funding
- administering provincial programs such as the Alberta Health Care Insurance Plan
- providing expertise on communicable disease control
- implementing and ensuring compliance with government policy
Health services are planned and delivered by Alberta Health Services. Some public health services may also be provided by private health care clinics, for example, dentists' offices.
- Alberta budget
- List of public agencies
- Media inquiries
- Personal information bank directories
- Mental Health Patient Advocate
- Health Quality Council of Alberta
- MyHealth Alberta
Focus on continuing care
There are 2 initiatives concurrently underway to explore opportunities to improve Alberta’s continuing care system.
Help in tough times
Services and resources to help you in stressful times.
Alberta's opioid crisis response
How Alberta is responding to the increase in fentanyl- and opioid-related deaths in our province.
- Feb 23, 2023
Minister of Health Jason Copping issued the following statement on the two reports released by Alberta’s auditor general:
- Feb 21, 2023Record investment in Alberta’s primary health care | Niveau record d’investissement dans les soins de santé primaires en Alberta
Alberta’s government is proposing historical funding to strengthen the province’s primary health care system.
- Feb 16, 2023HCAP: New strategy to grow health workforce | HCAP : nouvelle stratégie pour le développement de la main-d’œuvre sanitaire
To ensure the province has the medical professionals needed both now and in the future, Budget 2023 would provide $158 million for a new Health Workforce Strategy.