When we support the LGBTQ2S+ community, we make Alberta a safer, healthier place to live.
Seventy-four per cent of Canadians know someone who is LGBTQ2S+, and 40 per cent of the LGBTQ2S+ community have experienced discrimination. People who are LGBTQ2S+ are more likely to experience declining mental health because of the pandemic. CMHA believes that having healthy and supportive places to live, work, play and learn can protect the mental health of those in the LGBTQ2S+ community.
- The Pride Centre of Edmonton
- Brite Line – Brite Line is Edmonton’s first mental health and wellness helpline dedicated to supporting people in Edmonton’s 2SLGBTQIA+ community
- Calgary Pride
- Central Alberta Pride Society (Red Deer)
- University of Alberta Institute for Sexual Minority Studies & Services
- The altView Foundation for Gender Variant and Sexual Minorities’ – provides resources and support to sexual minority and gender variant persons in Strathcona County and surrounding regions.
- The Outloud Foundation for Community LGBTQ Supports and Services – a non-profit organization that provides resources and programming to 2SLGBTQ+ youth and adults in St. Albert, Alberta.
- Edmonton Two Spirit Society – provides social, health, and/or cultural programs and services primarily for 2Spirit, IndigiQueer and/or Indigenous LGBTQIA+ communities.
- The LGBTQ Wellness Centre – provides wraparound wellness services for transgender, non-binary, and gender diverse people in Northern Alberta including social supports, mental and physical health services, and educational opportunities.
- Rainbow Alliance for Youth of Edmonton – sharing the diverse stories of LGBTQ2S+ youth between ages 12 – 24 living in the Edmonton area to promote increased understanding, empathy, and knowledge of this community’s specific needs, strengths, and experiences.
- Alberta Health Services – LGBTQ2S+ / Sexual and Gender Diversity Resources
- Trans Equality Society of Alberta
- Calgary Outlink – a community-based, not-for-profit charity dedicated to providing support, education, outreach, and referrals for the LGBTQ2IA+ and allied community in Calgary, Alberta.
- Centre for Sexuality (Calgary) – provides services and supports for the LGBTQ community including comprehensive health education and counselling; they also host Camp fYrefly, a national leadership retreat for LGBTQ youth aged 14-24.
- CMHA Ontario – Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Trans & Queer Identified People and Mental Health
- Lesbian, Gay, Bi and Trans Youthline – The Lesbian, Gay, Bi & Trans Youthline offers free peer support for youth aged 26 and under (1-800-268-9688).
- Parents, Friends of Lesbians and Gays (PFLAG) – PFLAG is a resource for LGBT people and their families.
- Kids Help Phone – Children and youth ages 5 to 20 can speak with trained counsellors at Kids Health Phone (1-800-668-6868).
- Egale – National lesbian, gay, bisexual, and trans (LGBT) human rights organization: advancing equality, diversity, education and justice.