Volunteering with CMHA, Alberta Division is an experience available for anyone who wants to give back to their community and make a difference. Volunteers represent the best in our communities. When you volunteer, you are a part of a helping network and a caring community.
Volunteering offers you an opportunity for fulfilment that comes from doing worthwhile work and can be a satisfying outlet for your talents and interests. Regular volunteer activity can have a positive effect on mental and physical health. Your dedicated work shapes the lives of the people we are here to support.
With your help, we positively impact thousands of lives – including individuals who are seeking urgent mental health support, housing, family support, or simply wanting to improve their lives. Every day you make a difference.
Tips to get the most out of your volunteer experience:
- Ask questions. Make sure the position meets your needs, and if you need clarification, give us a call or email.
- Make sure you know the time commitment. Underestimate your available time and consider starting small so you can learn to incorporate volunteering into your life schedule.
- Don’t be afraid to make a change, and don’t force yourself into a bad fit.
- Enjoy yourself!
Current Volunteer Opportunities
- Content Creator Volunteer
- Videographer/Video Editor Volunteer
- Certified Psychological Health and Safety Training Volunteer
- Constituent Relations Volunteer
Interested in Volunteering?
CMHA Alberta Division Volunteer Application
The Canadian Mental Health Association (CMHA), Alberta Division is your connection to community mental health support. We know that everyone has mental health and that where mental illness exists, there is help.We are a small not-for-profit working on provincial-level government relations and Alberta-wide projects in the mental health sector. We rely on volunteers to help support our work in various areas and are grateful to their contribution to our efforts. We do, however, have limited volunteer opportunities available.
There are opportunities which arise throughout the year that require the helping hands of dedicated volunteers. These opportunities include, but are not limited to:
- Data entry
- Event assistance at events such as the First Responder’s Half Marathon, Annual General Meeting and Working Stronger conference
- Office assistance like mail outs, printing and organization
- Fundraisers, like our Casino nights
- Project assistance for CMHA initiatives
- Event and project committee’s, panels and advisory teams
We appreciate all willing volunteers. Those with experience in these areas and who have lived experience with mental illness are particularly encouraged to volunteer and sign up for appropriate positions as they arise.
In some cases, you’ll be required to apply or submit your credentials to CMHA Alberta Division for specific positions. This will be when a specific skill set or experience is required. At other times, all interested parties are able to sign up for a volunteer position. In either case, registered CMHA Alberta Division volunteers receive an email including the details, instructions on how to register and the qualifications required.